CareersPlease check the current employment opportunities with TerraLink. We offer exciting career opportunities for individuals who enjoy working in a friendly and team oriented environment. Please check back often for updates.
March 13, 2019
- Play a leadership role to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide problem solving support to non-accounting staff related to our ERP system
- Work with senior leadership on continuing to develop a cohesive corporate culture
- Work with administration employees to ensure timely and accurate A/R and A/P
- Review the work of junior staff while mentoring and guiding them
- Execute month-end closing processes and conduct or review reconciliations for GL accounts including preparing journal entries and yearend working papers while ensuring compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures
- Review financial results and prepare variance analysis
- Manage day-to-day banking activities and prepare periodic banking reports
- Review the process of capital asset tracking
- Participate in project initiatives with other senior staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A solid understanding of financial reporting and ability to work with cross functional teams is integral for this role
- 5+ years of senior accountant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team setting and meet the demands of stakeholders, management, and employees
- Strong attention to detail with a proactive approach to problem solving and solid time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player and able to initiate corrective action in a positive manner
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with large ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
Why join TerraLink?
We offer our team members many benefits including the following:
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package
- Profit Sharing
- Staff Discount on product purchases
- Opportunities for career development
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Company social events
If you or someone you know is interested in contributing to local agriculture solutions as part of our accounting team, please forward a cover letter and resume to AccountingHR@tlhort.com stating Senior Accountant in the subject line of your email.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Seasonal and Full-time positions available
Abbotsford and Delta Locations
January 24, 2019
TerraLink Horticulture is a major crop supply company with locations in Abbotsford & Delta, BC. We provide producers and other commercial accounts with a wide range of fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, field services, equipment, biological controls, plastics and other crop inputs, throughout the Pacific Northwest.
The Abbotsford and Delta divisions of TerraLink have openings for Customer Service Representatives at their sales desks. There are seasonal and full-time positions available at both locations.
Primary duties of the incumbent will include telephone order-taking, order processing and related duties. This will include work at both the walk-in sales counter and the order processing areas.
A degree or diploma in agriculture or related science, as well as knowledge of grass and forage seed. Or experience in the agricultural industry would also be an asset.
The candidate must be computer literate, have strong Excel skills, Word and other common software, and comfortable with mathematics. Successful candidates will be expected to obtain a BCME Pesticide Dispenser Certificate and a TDG Certificate. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
A willingness to work flexible hours is a must. The incumbent must be willing to learn all aspects of the business and multitask when required.
Secondary language skills an asset.
Competition closes February 18th 2019
Interested applicants may apply by email to:
Sales Desk Supervisor
SEASONAL DISPATCH ASSISTANT
A busy horticultural plant is seeking a seasonal dispatch assistant. General duties would include organizing outside freight carriers based on price and availability, ensuring proper documentation for outgoing loads, communicating with other departments regarding shipment status, filing and data entry. Will be working closely with the dispatcher, production coordinator and dispatch manager to ensure deliveries go out in a timely manner.
-Attention to detail
-Ability to multi-task
-Strong verbal skills
-Strong telephone etiquette
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org